undergoing maintenance
Labels: My Life 0 commentsalmost 2 weeks since i last posted, during which the CNY festive period has come and gone. currently having some personal time at Clarke Quay, so gonna take some time to unload a few stuff and thoughts that occurred over the last fortnight.
CNY
This cny season has to be one of the most boring ones ever personally. Didn't really feel the festive mood... and it didn't help that most shops are closed during the cny holidays. This is also the year I started giving 'ang paos'. nah i'm not married yet... but this is more as a form of fillial piety. No need to mention... this has come at a cost... for the first time... I actually went into deficit - after subtracting what i gave to mom and grandma from my total 'earnings'.
My Vox Amp purchase....
Yes... I've taken the plunge into the E-Guitar world. After some deliberation, I bought a secondhand Vox Valvetronix amplifier off Luthermusic's classified section. Not a bad deal too, cos the original price would be about $100 above my budget, and I got mine below it. And yes this also means that I'll be spending more time honing my E-guitar craft this year.
IDT
as with my last post, I'm still feeling the physical effects of IDT. Went into a 'trainwreck' over cny - cos my body finally gave up and I decided to catch up on lost sleep instead. didn't follow through with my daily readings and journaling too - and now i'm paying the price for it.... arrgh. time to catch up fast!!!
STIR
it's been all quiet in the band so far this year, with the various ones of us busy with our own stuff. we managed to spend some time together though during the cny break, and it sure feels good to be connecting with them once more after almost a month of not seeing one another.
Undergoing maintenance
I feel like a mechanical machine that's in occasional need of tuning. and right now i feel as if the time for maintenance has come again. it's going to get busy come march.. and if i were to avoid the mistakes of my first year on staff, i need to be intentionally connecting with God - not just for the season or work, but on a daily basis. more often than not, this act of spending time with God has been subject to the mind-versus-body battle - it's so hard to get going when both are at odds. hope to get this sorted out before it escalates into a bigger problem.
That's all i have for now..... til the next time...
0 comments: to “ undergoing maintenance ”
Post a Comment