2007-03-31

The return to civilization  

0 comments

Finished one week of ICT. Some notable highlights of this round of in-camp training: "Please proceed that way for your haircut"... my haircut was deemed 'unacceptable' and I was duly sent to the barber, who did a horrendous job with his shaver..... IPPT.. yes that dreaded physical fitness test... finally passed it after four years... $100 richer for it now

Some things never change....
And that's great to know. For example,
1. The 'Booking In' Feeling still sucks...
2. Putting on the No. 4 saps the morale by 50%.... oh the mystical qualities of that green uniform
3. and talking about its mystical qualities, the rate of brain activity becomes negligible less once the uniform gets on you - whether you are a scholar or school drop-out
4. no one really cares if you smell or have worn that same shirt for 5 days in a row
5. It's still about being able to wayang (ie put on a show)
6. You still wait to rush, and rush to wait.
7. Booking out feeling rocks!

And some things do change...
hehe... it seems most ppl have put on a size or two since the last in-camp. The sight of bulging waistlines, beer bellies and 'tight-fit' shirts were a sight to behold. Brings a new meaning to 'having it altogether'.... =)

The aftermath
Caught up on sleep this afternoon after worship practice in church. Only realised how much rest I missed when I slumped into bed. Had my haircut this evening - my third one this month already, and gotta say the hair's really short now. Back to reality too... cos I still have a presentation/check-out left to clear on monday... and I've yet to get my work firmed up. oh darn... it's back to work now!!

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories