2007-05-19

breaking the (online) silence  

0 comments

ahh! seems i've been 'silent' for more than a week... was supposed to meet a friend but the time got pushed back... so perhaps this is a good time to start blogging again - and break the silence.

TURT Alpha
TURT Alpha began on Monday and ended on Wednesday. Shared at 2 classes on the first day - Spiritual Foundations and Attitudes of a Music Minister. Felt somewhat disconnected cos of the busyness leading up to Alpha, and even up to that Monday itself... didn't have time to let what I wanted to say connect with the heart. Nevertheless, I enjoyed myself... and as another co-worker friend put it - "Success in teaching is taking the initiative to teach in the power of the Holy Spirit, and leaving the results to God". Well in a sense, I've done my part. The slight regret this time round though is that I didn't get to record myself cos of a logistical blooper (more about this to come)... so I can't even review my own lesson.

K... so that was the first day... finishing the 2 lessons that day took some load off my shoulders... so I decided to unwind by going out for a night run with some of the boys. Ran from NSRCC to Bedok Jetty and back... totally refreshing... and comforting to know my legs can still last the distance despite limited training. But little did I know that I'd fall sick the following morning.... all because I had the audacity (or stupidity) to lie down in a 16 degree air-con room with out any blanket or shirt on. Serves me right again! Third case of cold/flu in 5 weeks. Thankfully, I'm recovering even as I type.

Now on to the logistical blooper... you could laugh or deride... but ever heard of someone bringing a white board without markers, or camera tripod without the darn camera?? yeah that was what happened. As much as I hate details... this wasn't exactly some slight detail that I could have missed... wish I could kick myself..... A close friend aptly put it this way upon hearing my story... "You should hang yourself.." (figure of speech of course!) But seriously, I think I need a serious look at my own aptitude (or lack of) in managing projects... absolutely dis-satisfied at my own performance. Frustrating too...

Back on to Turt itself... classes and rehearsals started on Thursday. The band sounds really good! Must also say this batch of Turters are fun to hang around with.... hard not to laugh when you're with them. There's still another 3 weeks before they fly off, I won't be going on the road trip this time round, so do hope to enjoy their company as much as I can!

IDT
Talk about stumbling across the finishing line... yesterday, I didn't even manage to get to the Finish Line. Cos of some unforeseen needs at work, had to stay back later than usual. And by the time I got home, it was already 830pm - way past the 8pm that the final IDT semester checkup was supposed to start. Not that I was in any mood or mental condition to take that test anyway... but the feeling still sucks nonetheless. Thankfully, there is a make-up test this Sunday for those who missed it.

On hindsight, IDT has been really taxing, but more than that it has been very beneficial - even though I've missed quite a chunk of daily readings! The coursework has not only given me a structure to base my daily devotions on, it has given me a fresh look at who my God is. Even the 'old' things that I thought I already knew have come alive this year. There are 4 semesters in this 2-year course, and with the conclusion of the first, I've 3 quarters of the journey to go.

Ok that's all about it. Gotta go meet the appointment.

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories