2005-02-02

fyp, street-e and other thoughts  

0 comments

oh yeah! finally assembled my first ever C# web browser. It started with me getting irritated at trying to decipher code that I found off the net and then find that it doesn't work. So I simply build my own browser from ground-up (using pre-built controls in Visual C# of course, not hard-code) and voila - it was out and working. Great stride forward for fyp.....

Yepz... so that was wat I did in an afternoon. Following that was a time of street witnessing (or Street-E) with tony at 530pm. I'm still amazed at how this man is able to start and hold a conversation with a total stranger. Anyway for me, i had the chance to talk to an indian student who happened to be a hindu. So we sort of chatted a bit about his belief system and a little about hinduism. I managed to present a super-short summary of the gospel to him, and in the process found that it was the first time he had heard of Christ. Didn't have much time to talk to him further though cos the guy had to rush for lessons. Thank God for this seed sown. Through this time of sharing, I find i need to work on controlling a conversation and also ask pertinent questions about the non-believer's faith. Well, still I'm reasonably satisfied with the experience today, and I know I'll better with practice. =)

For tony's DG in the evening, we had a summary of why we should study the OT, and we went in a bit on the parallels between Genesis and Revelations. I think this is highly interesting stuff, and above all the OT really speaks about God's message to His people and His plan for redemption of Man.

That's it for the day....Getting a little tired now...... gotta wake up for early morning lesson tmw. Signing off here.

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories